Saturday, March 29, 2014

Travel Diary: New York


For many, spring break is the week of beach, tans and margaritas. For me, I traveled up north to the city of dreams: New York. The weather was anything but Caribbean weather, it was cold, windy and rainy for the three short days I went. 


It had been years since I visited New York. Those times I visited were solely for the propose of completing everything in the typical NYC tourist brochure (Lady of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building and so on.) I remember that my dad would still use a map to get around. Yes...an actual real map. Feels ancient now that it's all in the palm of your hand. It was lovely to just get to explore New York and Brooklyn. We walked a lot and ate a lot. We explored the distinct neighborhoods. With no actual plan in mind, we wandered trough the big city. Enchanted by it while imaging what our lives would be like here.


Subway ride to Brooklyn
The view from the tram to Roosevelt Island


Charming East Village
Soho

Love,

Mariella 

No comments:

Post a Comment