Tuesday, March 4, 2014

simple chia pudding recipe


Breakfast is truly my favorite meal of the day. As many college students like myself,  my mornings are groggy and rushed. So it's hard to fit in a nutritious meal when I'm rushing out of the door.



This easy vanilla pudding is a life saver. It takes 3 minute put together the night before and you have a healthy and filling breakfast the next morning. Today I added bananas, kiwi, raspberries, raw almonds and coconut flakes. I like to get most of my nutrients in the morning so I can feel energized throughout the whole day.

That's it, breakfast is served, enjoy!

Mariella

Vanilla Chia Pudding (vegan, raw, gluten-free)

1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite dairy free milk)
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
sweetener to taste (agave, raw honey, liquid stevia)

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a lid. Stir together then tighten the lid and shake it. Regrigertate for 6 hours or over night. (I forget to do this sometimes so I''ll just leave it to refrigerate for 30 minutes while I get ready. It still works!) You can transfer it to a bowl if you like. Add fruit, nuts, cocoa nibs, goji berries or anything your heart desires and enjoy!






2 comments: