Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Travel Diary: Chicago/Lollapalooza 2013 (Part 1)


I'll always remember last summer as the best one (yet). It was the summer I traveled the most and. It was the summer of music and festivals. It was the summer I finally got to explore. I relish many adventures from it, but my trip to Chicago for Lollapalooza was uniquely monumental.

Let me start by saying this: don't embark on an eighteen hour bus ride. Just don't. I still get nightmares from it. I'm thankful for the hippie experience but my butt still won't forgive for it. I was naive in thinking I could sleep trough it all. When in reality I was stuck waiting for an hour in a ghostly Cleveland station while holding on to all of my luggage at 3 in the morning. 

Oh but Chicago…it was worth it after all.




(wearing jac vanek)

 I wish I could have stayed longer. Five days were not nearly enough to explore all of downtown Chicago, especially since three of those days were spent in one of the greatest musical festivals in the world. I mean got to see THE  FREAKING CURE. I also nearly died at the Vampire Weekend set. Some of the most memorable acts I saw include: Two Door Cinema Club, Mumford & Sons, New Order, The Killers, Disclosure and The Neighborhood. I'm getting nostalgic for festival season already while writing this…


The first my friends and I did was…you guessed it: eat Chicago's legendery deep dish pizza from Lou Maltani's. *queue angelic background music *




Yes, I would move to Chicago solely for the food…
Original Rainbow Cone: a delicious combination of chocolate, pistachio, strawberry, orange sherbet and cherry ice cream
Now for some more Chicago views:

(You didn't really go to Chicago unless you took a picture with Cloud Gate, better known as The Bean )

 I have much more of Chicago to tell you. I'll be posting the rest soon. I wanted to share my summer adventures because traveling is one of my passions and I love being able to write about it.

Stay warm (if you're living in these polar temperatures like I am) and stay lovely,

Mariella :)


No comments:

Post a Comment